My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States

Friday, December 16, 2005

Restore the Pledge

This "In God We Trust" poster is hanging in the main office of the local public elementary school, next to a poster of the Pledge of Allegiance with its unconstitutional "under God" insertion. I took this picture today when I was there to complain to the principal about a different church-state separation violation, the addition of "Silent Night" to the winter musical after a number of supernaturalist parents complained. I suspect that this comment to my daughter by another classmate is typical of the attitudes of the adults involved, both parents and administration.

I am doing what I can on these as local issues. At the national level, I am pleased to report that Dr. Mike Newdow is pursuing both the "under God" and, more recently, the "In God We Trust" infringements to the first clause of the the First Amendment of the Bill of Rights of the U.S. Constitution. You can find out more about his efforts at his website, RestoreThePledge.com.

No comments: