My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States

Monday, May 31, 2010

Rational Optimism

A new term that I have started tracking is "Rational Optimism".  I am currently reading The Case for Rational Optimism by Frank S. Robinson. Please see my review of his earlier book subtitled The Optimist Manifesto.

Robinson references the essay Dynamic Optimism by Dr. Max More in which More refers to the "rational optimist". I am a fan of Dr. More's Extropian Principles in which "extropian thinking places strong emphasis on rational thinking and practical optimism" [Wikipedia].

Another book that I have on my reading list is The Rational Optimist: How Prosperity Evolves by Matt Ridley. You can listen to an NPR radio interview with the author. He also has a Rational Optimist website with links to videos, his other books, and his blog.





No comments: