My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Pandemic Marathon

Yesterday I walked over fifty-eight thousand (58k) steps on the treadmill while playing Sid Meier's Civilization VI.  This my technique to use addictive entertainment to lose weight.  My next goal is to gradually increase my speed.

I finally got my second COVID-19 vaccination a week ago.  I was very sick the day after I got the shot.  My wife Shannon got her second shot a couple of days ago and, as she had predicted, had no significant side effects.

They say that two weeks after you get the second shot, you are immune to COVID-19.  I feel a sense of relief as I approach my personal finish line of this pandemic marathon that began more than a year ago.  The good news is that I am emerging from this historical calamity even healthier than I was before.

 



No comments: